You are invited to participate in:
Memory: International Mail Art Exhibition and Swap
Exhibition: November 17, 2013 – January 6, 2014
Opening Reception: November 16, 2013 from 3:00-5:00pm
Submission Deadline: October 1, 2013 (postmark deadline)
Size: 4” x 6” (10.2 x 15.3 cm) postcard
Medium: Any medium that can be sent through the postal system, original artworks
only (no photocopies)
Include: Your name, mailing address, email (on the back)
Memory: Mail Art Exhibition
Richmond Art Gallery
7700 Minoru Gate
All artworks received that fulfill the guidelines will be exhibited in the Gallery and online.
All artworks will be traded with another artist’s works at the end of the exhibition.
Artists from all over the world are invited to contribute their work for the Richmond Art Gallery’s
International Mail Art Exhibition and Swap. Mail Art (aka Postal Art) is an art form where artists
exchange artworks and correspondence through the mail.
While all works received that fulfill the participation guidelines will be exhibited, we ask artists to
respond to the theme of “memory”. This may include, but is not limited to:
• Artists can send up to three artworks sized 4” x 6” (10.2 x 15.3 cm) as a postcard.
• Artworks must be sent through the postal system or hand-delivered. No online entries.
• ORIGINAL art works only (no photocopies).
• All artworks will be traded at the end of the exhibition, and you will receive a ‘swap’.
• All artworks will be displayed on our online gallery for one year. Your entry into this exhibition
signifies that you agree to the swap and having your work displayed online.
• Include on the back of your submission: Full name, Address, Country, and E-mail address, so
that you can receive a trade as well as updates on the exhibition. Optional – Medium and title of
Content stipulations: The Richmond Art Gallery offers a variety of public programs for participants of all
ages, and as such we will not exhibit work that is sexually explicit or is overtly violent. The Richmond Art
Gallery reserves the right to refuse artwork that is considered unsuitable in the context of these concerns.
For more information contact Kathy Tycholis: email@example.com