INTERNATIONAL MAIL ART PROJECT 2014
“I’M A WALNUT TREE.” (*)
(*) Quoted from “Walnut Tree” poem of Nazım Hikmet.
Yes, walnut tree is watching us. Is looking at what we do, with a shock in its eyes…
We doomed our cities to purely concrete squares, treeless streets and soilless parks.
Air is polluted, water is polluted… Fish have gone away; migratory birds are endangered; our dogs and cats are enslaved.
We have forgotten to produce… System has identified all of us as “consumers”, and while we are consuming lavishly, garbage mountains are encircling us mischievously.
And we are destroying the future of our children.
Hasn’t time come to say a “stop” thereto?
Come on. Let’s think over not a moment too soon. Where did we made a mistake? And what should we do from now on?
And let’s lend an ear to the Walnut Tree…
CALL TO ARTISTS
This project is open to all artists wishing to participate in “I’m a Walnut Tree – Mail Art Exhibition 2014” to be held at Kartal, Istanbul / Turkey in August 2014. The project will be realized by Atölye Arts-In, in cooperation with Kartal Municipality. Exhibition will be a part of “Kartal Municipality International Culture and Art Festival”organized by Kartal Municipality.
This is an ongoing project, the first step of which has been held in Bakırköy Botanic Park between 03 and 18 May 2014.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
1. Participation is free.
2. Each artist may participate in the project with not more than three artworks.
3. Category: Painting, Drawing/Design, Unique Press, Photograph
4. Dimensions: 10x15 cm
5. Technique: All and any kinds of techniques may be applied.
6. Racist, fanatic and pornographic artworks will not be exhibited.
7. The artworks should be original, and should not be photocopy or reproduction.
8. Artworks sent for the exhibition will not be returned. Unsold artworks will remain in Atölye Arts-In archives.
9. Visuals of the artworks will be published at http://artsinmailartproject2014.blogspot.com/
10. All and any news and documents relating to the exhibition will be shared at the following internet addresses:
11. Logistic requirements for the exhibition will be supplied by Kartal Municipality.
12. Written translation services for the exhibition will be provided by International Language Services Translation and Counseling Co., Ltd.
13. Last application date (Deadline): 01 August 2014
14. Each artist is required to give the following information together with his/her artwork(s).
Name and surname of artist, name of artwork, technique, date, artist’s mailing address, artist’s e-mail address and if any, website address
15. Artworks should be sent by mail to the following address:
“Ben Bir Ceviz Ağacıyım”
PK. 7 Beşiktaş PTT Merkez
34354 Beşiktaş – İstanbul / Turkey
16. For all kinds of information and questions, email@example.com
Atölye Arts-In: http://artsin2010.blogspot.com/